HP Connects Employees to Product Giving
Today, many corporations are seeking innovative ways to impact communities in the areas where their employees live and work. Good360’s collaboration with Hewlett-Packard (HP) turned this desire into a reality. In 2004, Good360 launched HP’s Employee Product Giving Website. The site enables HP employees to support qualified domestic schools and nonprofit organizations with HP equipment donations.
The secure website, managed by Good360, allows employees to contribute 25% of the selected equipment’s retail price, with HP contributing the remaining 75%. The customized site enables employees to:
One of the most important aspects of the program is that it has allowed employees like Christopher McCormick the ability to support under-funded programs in their local community.
“The Good360 program has enabled me to make a donation to several public schools in our area and specifically support aspects of the curriculum that are at times put at risk because of limited funding.”
The program also allows nonprofit organizations struggling in today’s economy to receive critical technology to continue to serve people in need in their communities. The Bridge Academy and Community Center was a recent recipient of 10 HP TouchSmart Computers.
“Before we received these computers, we had one computer that worked, and nine that were completely unusable. Since the donation of these computers, we have been able to use them for art classes, life skills classes, tutoring, completing projects and research, going on educational sites, completing job applications, online courses, and more.”…..Jordon Crans, Executive Director, Bridge Academy and Community Center.